Sunday, September 23, 2007

Plane ticket

Ok, so I "reserved" my ticket to fly into Japan, but they won't charge my card until 7-14 days before I leave and I won't get it til 1 week before I go. I think I am getting tired of all this last minute stuff.

I will receive my Certificate of Eligibility, or COE, about 3 weeks before departure, which I will take to the Japanese Consulate in Chicago to convert the COE into my work visa that will be stamped in my passport.

I have applied for my Hanko, which is a wooden stamp that I will use in place of my signature. It will either have my first or last name in Japanese, but I won't get that until I arrive in Japan. :( I will have to take a pic of it so everyone can see it!

Well, that is the latest on what's going on before I leave for the land of the rising sun! Ja Mata!

No comments: