Sunday, April 12, 2009

The JET is flying near

Hi everyone! I have some good news!

I have received word from JET that I have been selected as an alternate!

This means that I am basically on a back-up list. I have already sent in all my required paper work to JET to let them know that I accept this position and I have sent out for my criminal record (which there is not one).

I have been informed that most of the time, the majority of alternate candidates at some point end up being upgraded to the short-list (going to Japan);however, I can be upgraded anywhere from now until December, as people are needed or others back out. My placement of being upgraded to the short-list is dependent on my position on the alternate list, as they will be going in order(obviously). As of right now, I have no way of knowing where I fall on that list, but it may be revealed at a later date(I hope).

I am happy to have been selected as an alternate! (It is better than having been rejected completely.) Let's all hope that I am upgraded quickly!!!

Well, Happy Easter everyone and I promise to keep you all updated as information is released to me. Thank you for all your support during this (long) process.

No comments: